Friday, May 18, 2007

Propaganda

My brother forwarded me this shameless propaganda this morning, purportedly created by a fifteen-year-old girl. Here is the message being disseminated:

Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is only 15 years old.

There have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning.

In case you missed it, here it is.


The link below is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News today .

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1



Quite a "Foxy" fifteen-year-old, no doubt. Damn that Faux News!

Here is my heartfelt reply to my brother and to all the people to whom he had forwarded the video when he sent it to me:

I believe that the best way to support our troops is to bring them home alive and healthy so that they can work for all Americans instead of working for the manipulative rich political families and corporations who are making huge profits from the Iraq war at the expense of our young people--at the expense of the lives and physical and mental health of those serving in the war and at the expense of all the young Americans who have been shouldered with an astronomical debt, increasing by the minute. The cost of the war to line the pockets of the rich is far too high for the rest of us. I am proud of our troops; I am not proud of the politics and greed that has killed and maimed many thousands of them. I will smile and rejoice when they arrive home alive and well. I mourn the deaths of those who died in the name of America and freedom, doing their job, doing what they were assigned to do by a corrupt administration. I will never forget the sacrifice of our troops by our government.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, you posted this on clipmarks a while back and I didn't know what to make of it then. I still don't...